"Take One Action's focus on empowering local audiences to engage through film with global and environmental injustice is unique in the UK. This work is really, really important."
Patrons Ken Loach & Paul Laverty
How Do You Inspire Change? Insights from Green Shoots
Take One Action has been finding out about what kinds of films inspire people to take action in their lives. We'll be sharing our learning in the Green Shoots programme report, soon to be launched at the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh on 30 March.
Take One Action has been finding out about what kinds of films inspire people to take action in their lives.
Workshops held after three climate change screenings asked audience members how films made them feel and how connected they felt to the stories and issues shown.
Responses included the following insights:
- Audiences are more likely to connect with personal stories and characters than factual information.
- Confrontation can make a film exciting, but also distance the audience from the subject.
- People liked to see people like themselves on screen.
- Films that show constructive solutions inspire action.
- Films that show problems or contextual information may inspire further learning.
Lessons from the workshops will help inform Take One Action's work and should be of interest to film-makers and those using film to inspire change.
Entered by Ric Lander
No events currently listed, but there may be on our Facebook page.
World-changing films with affordable public licenses plus great ideas to kickstart action in your community...