"Take One Action's focus on empowering local audiences to engage through film with global and environmental injustice is unique in the UK. This work is really, really important."
Patrons Ken Loach & Paul Laverty
Thanks for registering for updates. You can also keep up to date with us via Facebook and Twitter:
If you like what we’re doing, read on and become an Action Hero.
Take One Action takes audiences beyond the screen. We make global issues and positive action against the root causes of poverty accessible to thousands of ordinary people each year. And we celebrate great film. But we can’t bring movies to life without your help. For as little as £3 a month, Action Heroes enable us to inspire, connect and resource more people through our events in communities and schools countrywide, year-round, as well as supporting the filmmakers whose work we show.
- Commit today and receive two free tickets for the Take One Action screening of your choice.*
- Action Heroes love film and transformation. They support learning and help thousands of people to take positive action for the first time.
- Action Heroes create space for campaigners across the world to tell their stories on issues ranging from environmental justice to improving access to medicines. Stories which lead to change.
- Action Heroes act as patrons to the world’s compelling filmmakers, helping them to get their messages out to the widest possible audience.
* Excludes screenings as part of other festivals such as Edinburgh International Film Festival.
Support us today
Support Take One Action through PayPal now using your credit or debit card. Don't want to set up a PayPal account? Select "Don't have a PayPal account" when you reach PayPal to pay without setting up an account.
We will contact you by email to confirm your Action Hero status. One pair of tickets to one Take One Action screening will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
A River Changes Course
Thu 30 May at 18:00
Powerful reflection on the frontline impacts of our global food system
Fri 31 May at 17:45
Social impacts of food production centred on Europe
Fresh and Wild - Meal & Ceilidh
Fri 31 May at 20:00
Community meal, short films, ceilidh
World-changing films with affordable public licenses plus great ideas to kickstart action in your community...