- This event has passed.
World Refugee Day
First marked in 2001, World Refugee Day is held every year on June 20. Tens of thousands of people around the world take time to recognize and applaud the contribution of forcibly displaced people throughout the world. The annual commemoration is marked by a variety of events in more than 100 countries, involving government officials, humanitarian aid workers, celebrities, civilians and the forcibly displaced themselves.
- Volunteer for local Refugee Day activities.
- Find out how to support Scottish Refugee Council initiatives.
- Cook an international themed meal for friends.
- Find out about groups supporting refugees in your local area.
- Get more ideas and inspiration from the United Nations website by clicking here.