Please review and accept our terms and conditions:
About the fund
Take One Action Film Festivals has a limited number of free tickets for its screenings available to registered organisations who can evidence
how they will distribute these tickets exclusively to:
• young people not in full-time work or education
• unwaged, vulnerable or at risk beneficiaries;
• those with demonstrably limited access to independent cinema or the arts as a result of cultural or physical barriers;
• low-income members of community groups that are socially active in ways directly relevant to specific events within our programme.
A maximum of 15 tickets may be applied for per organisation per film title. Tickets are subject to availability. Application directly through Take One Action via this online application form, is recommended.
How we assess applications
You will be awarded tickets based on your providing:
• evidence of your group’s need
• a brief outline of how you plan to communicate this offer to your group in time for members to access the film(s). (All films are available to watch online from 00:00 on 16 September to 23:59 on 27 September.)
Do you receive actual tickets in the post?
No – if your application is approved, we will supply codes that will enable individuals to access the films of their choice for free online.
Time to apply
Applications can be submitted any time up to 5 days before the end of the festival. It should take about 5 minutes to read this guidance, and 5 minutes to complete the online application form. We aim to reply and approve or decline your application within 3 working days.
We expect a good proportion of those who apply meeting the criteria to be successful. However, free tickets are limited and distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, so please
apply as soon as possible.
Please make sure you recommend film(s) that your group/beneficiaries would find accessible, that are age appropriate. Content Notes on the films' individual pages are also useful in highlighting potentially triggering content. If you aren’t sure, you can contact us at [email protected]
or on 0131 553 6335. Please consider what support your beneficiaries may need both to access the films online and, if relevant time-wise, access any live Q&A (these are free but require pre-registration. Live events and Q&As are accessed via a different platform.). We recommend where appropriate that a qualified volunteer or member of staff representing your organisation also view the film(s) to be able to discuss it (them).
Sustainability and feedback
We want to grow this scheme. Please help us by encouraging people to only access films they do want to watch - and by providing feedback on your group's experience.
We ask every group’s lead contact to feed back to us on the group’s experience of the event by email, which will not take more than 2 minutes.