Combining DIY cultivation with community-centred justice work like shared meals, workshops, campaigning and organising, RHYZE Mushrooms’ work is rooted in mycelial values: community, collaboration and mutual aid.
The Scottish Communities Climate Action Network works to inspire and promote, connect and support community-led action in Scotland to address the climate emergency. They do this by:
- Enabling communications across the network e.g. through newsletters, opportunities for members to be part of participatory media projects, events, social media etc.
- Developing and sharing ideas and building capacity in our movement by organising events, gatherings, and trainings related to climate action across the country.
- Being involved with European and worldwide climate action networks and sharing best of practice with our membership
- Inspiring communities by providing online tools for networking, sharing of best practice, and showcasing projects between community groups and beyond.
- Communicating and developing the discourse of community climate action wherever possible including in Scottish Government (through meetings, consultations etc), across social media, through partnering with a wide range of organisations etc.
- Building understanding of the role and potential of communities in climate action within civil society by partnering and collaborating with other Scottish community networks (e.g. through Scottish Community Alliance), public sector, and business.