Our 2020 Film Festival is taking place online and will be accessible to anyone across the UK!
Films in the programme can be viewed any time from 00:00 on the 16th of September to 23:59 on the 27th of September.
Live events are free to attend and can be accessed by anyone anywhere in the world – but pre-registration is required.
– Live Q&As will be taking place every evening from 20:30 to 21:15.
– Workshops and panel sessions will take place every Saturday and Sunday at 16:00.
Closed captions (i.e. full subtitles for D/deaf and hard-of-hearing audiences) are available for all films. All Q&As will be live captioned. If you have any questions about access for any of our events, please contact [email protected]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I watch the films on my computer?
Make sure you have a reliable internet connection and you are using a supported browser.
- Head here.
- Click on the product or collection you want to watch.
- The video page will load and the video will start playing immediately if you have purchased it.
- You can then make it full screen, turn on subtitles, or leave a comment.
- If you would like help to cover the cost of accessing data on your device, please contact [email protected].
How do I turn on subtitles while watching the films on a computer?
- Go to the content’s video page via your Library.
- Click on the CC icon in the lower right corner of the player to activate the relevant subtitles.
How do I watch films on my smart TV?
If you have a Smart TV, such as Samsung, it may not be possible to log in or play the content from the built-in internet browser. In other words, it could work, but those browsers are not among our platform’s currently supported browsers. If you’d like to try, here are the steps to watch on a Smart TV’s browser:
- On your TV, open the internet browser and visit https://takeoneaction.vhx.tv/.
- Enter your email address, submit, and you will be emailed a link.
- On a separate device (i.e. another computer or mobile device), open your email inbox, open the login email, and click the LOGIN link.
- Go back to your TV browser, and you should be logged in to watch.
If these steps don’t work, then it’s likely that your Smart TV will not be compatible. In this case, you can try connecting your computer or mobile device to your TV using an HDMI cable or casting via Chromecast or Airplay with Apple devices. More info here
How do I watch via Chromecast?
From your Computer:
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select Cast.
- Select your Chromecast source (consider selecting Chrome Tab) and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and video will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue Stop icon next to your casting destination.
More info here
I’m having trouble signing in to watch:
Please make sure that you type in your email address and password to log in, rather than using an ‘auto-fill’ option. Vimeo struggles to recognise any data entered through auto-fill.
If you’re having trouble with your password, consider the following possibilities:
- Did you sign up with a typo in your email address, or an address different than the one you’re using to sign in? Try to find the confirmation email from when you signed up to verify the address you should be using.
- Punctuation makes a difference. If you signed up with [email protected], but are trying to sign in with [email protected], our system will not consider those the same addresses.
- The end of your email address matters. For example, @gmail.com and @googlemail.com may be the same to Google, but our system will see them as different email addresses.
With those possibilities in mind, here are the ways to log in on the web:
If you don’t have a password, or your password isn’t working, here is how to set/reset it:
- Click Sign in in the top right corner of the page and enter your email address.
- Click Next.
- Underneath the password field, select Reset your password.
- Enter your email address on that page and select Reset Password.
- If you are an active customer, you will be emailed a link to set a new password. Check your email inbox for that link.
Note: If you do not receive an email to reset your password, it’s likely that you are using an incorrect email address. Please try any other addresses you own. Check all of your email inboxes for a ‘Start watching’ email from VHX (search for ‘Start watching VHX ‘).
If a password is not required:
- Click Sign in in the top right corner of the page
- Enter your email address. If you are an active customer, you will be immediately emailed a link that will sign you in, once clicked. Open your email inbox and click the sign-in link.
- You will then be signed in to watch your video content.
Note: If you do not receive an email to sign-in, it’s likely that you are using an incorrect email address. Please try any other addresses you may have signed up with. Check all of your email inboxes for a ‘Start watching’ email from VHX (search for ‘Start watching VHX ‘). Be sure to search your spam folder. More info here.
I paid, but never got an email to watch!
If you haven’t received an email to watch, try logging in with your email address to access your video content.
If you still are having trouble, contact us at [email protected]
I’m experiencing skipping or lagging when I watch the films.
How do I register for a Q&A?
- Head here and click on the Q&A(s) you would like to register for.
- Then click ‘Buy Tickets’. Please note all Q&As are free – this is simply registering your interest; you will not be asked for any payment information.
- Click the ‘Save my spot’ button to register.
- Enter your email address or social media login.
- Check your email for a confirmation and a link to join the event, along with the option to add the event to your calendar. (Note: The length of the automated event added to to your calendar may not reflect the actual length of the event.)
Once you register, you will have access to the event page (using the same URL), including the live chat and Q&A – even before the event goes live. You can log into your Crowdcast account at any time and click “Joined Events” to access your registered events. More info here
On the evening of the event, do join the chat section for the Q&A and share an appreciation about the film.
Will the event replay be available?
Yes, the recording will be available on the event page just a few minutes after the live stream ends. More info here.
Can my browser / WIFI support watching Q&As?
We recommend a minimum of 5 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload for a stable and consistent stream of video and audio when attending an event.
Crowdcast will automatically drop down to audio-only mode if your connection is weak.
- Join from a compatible browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) and device (full list here)
- Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Make make sure you have a strong internet connection with an upload speed of at least 5Mbps (test here)
My video / audio is lagging or jumping during the Q&A.
Make sure that your computer meets the requirements above, watch on your laptop, and position yourself as close to your wifi router as possible.
Then, click ‘help’ on the top bar and then enter ‘compatibility mode’.
More help on Crowdcast can be found here.
Joining in workshops
How do I attend the workshop through the zoom meeting?
More info on how to join a zoom meeting can be found here.
We’re hoping to be able to offer live captioning for several of the workshops. If you have questions relating to access, please contact [email protected] – we’ll do our best to help.
Which countries can I watch from?
You can access any films in our programme as long as you are in the United Kingdom. More info here.
Our free Q&As and workshops are available worldwide.
How much does it cost?
In order to make our festival accessible, we have introduced a “sliding scale” ticket policy for all of our film screenings, whereby audiences can select what to pay based on their personal circumstances, with prices starting at £2. To make your choice, please read our price guide here. We don’t want cost to be a barrier to accessing our festival – if you need free access, please email [email protected], indicating the title of the film you wish to see.
All of our Q&As and workshops are free to access, although you must pre-register to reserve your space. All of our events can be found here.
Forthcoming events at Online
- There were no results found.