- Vimeo VHX
Our online shorts programme, ‘To Remember, To Reclaim: Archives for Future Love’ can be viewed any time from 00:00 on 21 October to 23:59 on the 30 October via the platform Vimeo VHX.
Vimeo VHX: Watching films
How do I watch the films on my computer?
Make sure you have a reliable internet connection and you are using a supported browser.
- Head here.
- Click on the product or collection you want to watch.
- The video page will load and the video will start playing immediately if you have purchased it.
- You can then make it full screen, turn on subtitles, or leave a comment.
- If you would like help to cover the cost of accessing data on your device, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I turn on subtitles while watching the films on a computer?
- Go to the content’s video page via your Library.
- Click on the CC icon in the lower right corner of the player to activate the relevant subtitles.
How do I watch films on my smart TV?
If you have a Smart TV, such as Samsung, it may not be possible to log in or play the content from the built-in internet browser. In other words, it could work, but those browsers are not among our platform’s currently supported browsers. If you’d like to try, here are the steps to watch on a Smart TV’s browser:
- On your TV, open the internet browser and visit https://takeoneaction.vhx.tv/.
- Enter your email address, submit, and you will be emailed a link.
- On a separate device (i.e. another computer or mobile device), open your email inbox, open the login email, and click the LOGIN link.
- Go back to your TV browser, and you should be logged in to watch.
If these steps don’t work, then it’s likely that your Smart TV will not be compatible. In this case, you can try connecting your computer or mobile device to your TV using an HDMI cable or casting via Chromecast or Airplay with Apple devices. More info here
How do I watch via Chromecast?
From your Computer:
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select Cast.
- Select your Chromecast source (consider selecting Chrome Tab) and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and video will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue Stop icon next to your casting destination.
More info here
I’m having trouble signing in to watch:
Please make sure that you type in your email address and password to log in, rather than using an ‘auto-fill’ option. Vimeo struggles to recognise any data entered through auto-fill.
If you’re having trouble with your password, consider the following possibilities:
- Did you sign up with a typo in your email address, or an address different than the one you’re using to sign in? Try to find the confirmation email from when you signed up to verify the address you should be using.
- Punctuation makes a difference. If you signed up with email@example.com, but are trying to sign in with firstname.lastname@example.org, our system will not consider those the same addresses.
- The end of your email address matters. For example, @gmail.com and @googlemail.com may be the same to Google, but our system will see them as different email addresses.
With those possibilities in mind, here are the ways to log in on the web:
If you don’t have a password, or your password isn’t working, here is how to set/reset it:
- Click Sign in in the top right corner of the page and enter your email address.
- Click Next.
- Underneath the password field, select Reset your password.
- Enter your email address on that page and select Reset Password.
- If you are an active customer, you will be emailed a link to set a new password. Check your email inbox for that link.
Note: If you do not receive an email to reset your password, it’s likely that you are using an incorrect email address. Please try any other addresses you own. Check all of your email inboxes for a ‘Start watching’ email from VHX (search for ‘Start watching VHX ‘).
If a password is not required:
- Click Sign in in the top right corner of the page
- Enter your email address. If you are an active customer, you will be immediately emailed a link that will sign you in, once clicked. Open your email inbox and click the sign-in link.
- You will then be signed in to watch your video content.
Note: If you do not receive an email to sign-in, it’s likely that you are using an incorrect email address. Please try any other addresses you may have signed up with. Check all of your email inboxes for a ‘Start watching’ email from VHX (search for ‘Start watching VHX ‘). Be sure to search your spam folder. More info here.
I paid, but never got an email to watch!
If you haven’t received an email to watch, try logging in with your email address to access your video content.
If you still are having trouble, contact us at Tech@takeoneaction.org.uk
I’m experiencing skipping or lagging when I watch the films.
Please head here for bandwidth / browser requirements and further help.
If you still are having trouble, contact us at email@example.com